Thursday, January 19, 2012

Deodo-RANT

This isn't really a rant at all.  I'm not really in the mood to rant.  I just want to share my deodorant recipe.  But, here's the lesson,  store bought deodorants = bad.  anti-perspirant = badder.
Here's the recipe.

3 Tbsp Shea butter
2Tbsp Cocoa butter
3Tbsp baking soda
2Tbsp cornstarch
essential oils

Put everything except the essential oils in a bowl and microwave 20 second intervals with stirring between  until all melted.  If you don't have a microwave,  all the power to you.  You can place the bowl in a pot of boiling water and stir until melted.
Then you just add whatever essential oils suit your fancy  probably 10-15 drops should do.

Pour into a jar,  when it cools it should have a very deodorant like consistency.  You can keep it in your cupboard.

OR....
this is genius... use an old deodorant container.  Clean it out really well first then pour your deodorant in.  Put in the refridgerator for about an hour.


Now,  I must add that I LOVE the shea butter in this recipe,  however,  it was hard to find and  really expensive.  I probably won't buy it again.  Here is another option.

2Tbsp baking soda
2Tbsp cornstarch
3Tbsp coconut oil

I'm sure that this will work just as well,  and who knows you might already have coconut oil around for cradle cap or shaving your legs.


This post has been shared at Domestically Divine Tuesdays at aboverubies.net and Healthy 2 day Wednesdays at day2dayjoys.com

5 comments:

  1. This is a genious recipe! I use natural deoderant but it can be quite expensive. I'm totally going to try this out. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing this deodorant recipes around but haven't tried one yet. To be honest, I've found that I don't need to wear deodorant hardly ever. I keep a stick around just in case, but it usually goes bad long before I've had to use it. Thanks for linking up to Healthy 2Day Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've done the baking soda, coconut oil, cornstarch recipe, but the problem is that it melts REALLY easily (big problem when it's in an old deodorant stick). i also think it was a little harsh on my skin. i've tried another recipe with shea butter, and it's alright. neither worked great though.

    do you find that it works well for you?

    ReplyDelete